Sunday, November 11, 2012

Incoming! The Guardian Eaglemoss figurine!

But more importantly, the magazine that comes with it.

I didn't know much about the Eaglemoss figurine series until I gave the Snowbird one a try earlier this year.  I stumbled into that one while looking for information about the Alpha Flight action figures that came out in the late 90's.  I knew that there was a Guardian figurine as well one (among other members of Alpha Flight) but it took starting this page to get me to take the plunge and purchase it.

To be entirely honest, I really paid for the 20-page magazine.  The figure is almost an extra.  The Snowbird book either clarified, or tied together, a few parts of her history that I couldn't quite piece together (because I was unaware of some of her appearances in non-Alpha Flight books).  As...let's call it "unique"...as Guardian's background is, I could probably use the quick reference guide for him too.

Not that the figurine itself is so awful.  It's still quite cool to even have the option to buy it!  But I was disappointed in the paint job on my snowbird version.  It was a little sloppy.  I've seen other pictures of the Guardian edition and the same seems to apply to him.

I'm going to start working on a page of collectible soon that will display the various toys, cards, etc, related to this character. But before I do, I'd like to acquire a few of them so that I can comment on them from experience.  I doubt that the wife will buy that as a reason, but I'll do my best to make it sound logical. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment