Saturday, December 28, 2013

Mystery solved some more!

A couple of months back, I asked about an action figure of the half-man / half-machine Guardian character that appeared in issues 88 to 100 or so of the original Alpha Flight series.  Shortly thereafter, a reader named Sam Noir identified the collectible as a variant of a Toyfare mail-away offer for a Guardian action figure.

The only thing that seemed inconsistent with what I'd seen was the packaging.  I kept reading that it came shipped in a plain white box, while the one I'd seen about 15 years looked far more professional (like a display item).

While making an e-bay purchase (more on that later...specifically when I actually get the item in the mail) I was directed to an auction for the variant version.  Unfortunately, they only ship within the United States.  Here it is below.


I'm almost positive that THAT is what I saw in a comic book shop in the West Edmonton Mall years ago.  Being that the package is signed by then-Alpha-Flight artist Steven Seagle, they went a little fancier with the display than a plain white box.

No comments:

Post a Comment